Wednesday, September 16, 2020

" Rons 24 Hour Backyard Ultra "

 Hosted a 24 hour backyard ultra this past weekend logging 39.2 km .   It turned out to be so much more then just another race more of an informal get together with some trial running thrown in.     I relished the time spent back in my man cave at the start / finish just sitting around talking while folks trickled through completing another 0.8 km lap.   


Participants were ...

Steve Bridson,  Robin Brunet, Doug Barber, Grant Monette, Di Chessy, Morgan Schick, Anne McCutcheon, Maryka Hladki, Agnes Madhu Moktan, Henri Ragetlie, Lisa and of course me!  

  I am going to copy comments from the messenger group after the run and post them here ...

Robin

Thanks again Ron for your hospitality!!

Agnes

Thank you Ron , Robin and everyone for the hospitality and support and cheers.. God knows How badly I needed the support and cheers in the last few miles..Ultra running community is the best! ❤️❤️🙏🏾🙏🏾.

Morgan

Thanks so much Ron, very nice to see and meet everyone, great job all!

Di

Thanks everyone! I personally would rather do this style of racing vs organized. Great to see everyone! I’ll work on earplug etiquette and my cough for next time

Agnes

@Di Chessy your singing in the dark was the bomb! 👏👏😊

Di

Sooo...Ron what was the elevation of the 800m loop and the approach to the course?

Morgan

Stupid hill! After running all day incident free, with 30m to go coming down the hill to my car at the end I wiped out sending my lawn chair and cooler bags flying.

Di

Hen also wiped out on our exit last night

Doug

Where did all the Mud come from?🤣

Agnes

I hear ya🤣🤣. I fell on my ass and I could not get up..My husband had to literally haul me up 🤣

 Maryka 

I crab walked down the hill and kicked my chair down with my feet.

Morgan

Ha! A video montage of everyone coming down the hill at the end would be awesome

Doug

Were there not enuff Ropes?🤣

Morgan

My hands were full, I actually grabbed the ropes to catch myself after I dropped everything

Agnes

My garmin said 1716 m elevation gain- is that good?

Me

It was somewhere around 400 floors yesterday and I only covered 40 km. So that’s 4000 ft of climbing.

Steve

Ropes were fine, no Sherpa could have done better, though i think a renaming like Hilary Step or that double dam hill is in order

Doug

Thanks Ron for this awesome event...really enjoyed everything..wish I could have stayed longer.
My goal next year is to Run more loops!🤣🤣 Enjoyed meeting new faces, and others also!
That would be neat to have a Snowshoe 6 hour in Mid Winter!🤣

Steve

I’m in.

Anne

Had a great time running a few loops in the forest. 5 stars all the way.

Steve













Here are a few pictures that Patrick Rose took ...




















1 comment:

Robin said...

Such a fun day. I hadn't been on a trail since last November so it was great to get back out there again. Thanks again for doing this, it's a big job!Fun times.