Sunday, February 11, 2024

Re-Fridgee Eighter 8 Mile - Laurier U Waterloo

Re-Fridgee Eighter 8 Mile is in the books way faster then planned.  Grant came down with me and as Grant usually does he gets a wee bit faster every K until he finishes the guy is a machine! 

Garmin splits tell the story ...

    

Fitbit HR was pretty accurate.  At around the 10K mark,  56 min I felt pretty taxed look at the watch and I was doing around 158 bpm...pushing it!   I told Grant to push ahead and I backed off for a bit recovering the HR to mid 140s before gradually picking it up again in the last 2.5 km.   




The last K was a 5:18 pace ,  no doubt a negative split today!  











I was only a few Ks in when I took my shell off.   I was running in a Underarmour Base ,  tight and light and an old ATB long Sleeve T plus tights...still too warm for the pace.   There was a breeze and the temps were hovering around the freezing mark.    

So it was quite a surprise to run a 5:43 pace when the my goal was somewhere around a 7:00 to 7:30 pace.    I just ran at Grants pace ,  or at least I tried...came close. 

I finished in 1:13:33,  139 out of 217 participants ,  95th  out of 131 men and 7th out of 9 men in the 60-69 AG.  Grant logged 1:12:04  129th overall and 5th in the same AG as me.   


No comments: