Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Session for the 5K Flesherton Run Clinic

 Its always a bit sad to end a run clinic.  The group in Flesherton was a fantastic bunch of talented Runners.    They had worked hard and achieved great success and will really do well in the events that they were training for.   We wrapped it up with a warm 5K through the trails of Grey Highlands! 

 Being a "Run Leader" I was offered a discount on shoes at Active Soles in Port Elgin.   I had never visited the sore as its an hour out of my way and I rarely get over to Port Elgin but on Tuesday I finally made it.    Lets just say I now have another favorite running store in addition to Runners Den in Owen Sound....I am going to have to divide my patronage between the two shops ....

 I was desperately in need of a pair of street and trail shoes.  I pretty much knew what I wanted in the trail department and ended up with a pair of Mizuno Wave Ascend 6 and to my surprise for the road it was also a Mizuno shoe the  Wave Enig.   I haven't run in the road shoes yet but logged 16K on the trail yesterday so I have decided to do the 50 miler in the new shoes! 

No comments: