Monday, September 17, 2018

Dam Hill Marathon - Sept. 15, 2018

Chalk up another "Hot Hot Hot" one closing out the Summer of 2018 logging one last 42.2 km running the Dam Hill Marathon in London Saturday.  I haven't run further then 10K only running 2 or 3 times a week since the Endur run 4 weeks ago.   Definitely wasn't racing this one treating at as a nice LSD prior to next weeks Tobermory Trail Marathon next week....thats the tough one!

 As much as I tried to stay hydrated it was pretty much impossible due to the temps pushing 30 with the humidex pushing 40!  Heart Rate was pretty high through the last couple of hours rising to within 10 beats of max.    I really wasn't in any hurry so I   walked the hill in the second half of the day and I often walked with other participants which mad the day.    There was a 81 year old named Thomas and an 11 year old named Brock ....70 year spread in age in the Marathon!    The Bakers were there for the 24 hour event so was Mat from Endur doign his first 24 hour.   Meghan from Endur who lives in the area just happed to be out for a run and said Hi too.  There was Darrel doing his first 24 ... talked to him in the beginning and at throughout the day.   Sort of wished I was in for the 24 hour race but I really had a great visit with my family who lives in London. 

Fitbit HR Data ...














 I finished Londons one and only 2019 Marathon at a whopping 4hours47minutes good for 8th overall out of 29 participants and was the 6th out of 15 Men. 

Next weekend its the Tobermory to Cyprus Lake 42.2 ....tough as nails and super pumped to be doing it again this year. 

No comments: