Thursday, June 3, 2021

June 1st - I'm back!

 I have been running constantly mostly short and often twice in a day lately.  I really felt like I am run ready and suspected that going long was more a matter of taking care of business...in other words I am 50 km ready.  

Headed over to Beaver Valley Tuesday to do the 22 km Grahams Hill / Eugenia / Hogs loop.   Ran this a couple of times last year ...ran into a bit of trouble the second time not having enough water on a very hot day.   I was bound and determined not to let that happen again and was laser focused on my hydration / fueling and electrolytes.   Enroute to the parking lot at  Grahams Hill I made a single 500ml water drop about 8 km in then two more  500 ml bottles at around the 14 km mark.  Started the day with  1.250 L on me.    Goal was to get 700 ml/ hour and as it turned out I did closer to 500 ml was plenty enough for the 23C weather.  Consumed 1 S Cap,  2 Gels and 2 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and consumed a total of  2.25 l of water.   I was adequately fueled and hydrated through the run.   

Did the loop clockwise starting at Grahams Hill with a 1.5 km downhill followed by a 1.5 km uphill.  This also meant that when when I hit Hogs Falls I was well past the half way mark.   This trail is fabulous I really enjoyed running the loop.    Bumped into a few couples on the trail between Eugenia Falls and Hogs Falls.  It was quite apparent that the trek between the two falls has become popular.     There is a ton of elevation and its actually very technical which makes the loop very appealing.   Running with Grant last year he said " if you can do this loop you can do anything".    Last time I was out with him a young woman blew past us just a k or two past Grahams Hill on the West side of the Valley heading to Hogs.   I figured she was just one of the super human types until we caught up with her 8 km later at Hogs she was done and we were finishing our loop so Grant gave her a ride back to Grahams Hill.  

Garmin Data 

22 km  - Grahams Hill , Eugenia Falls, Hogs Falls ...return 





  




Fitbit Data 

HR is the beginning is false.



  





A few pictures 






No comments: