Monday, July 11, 2022

Summit 700 21.1 Alpine Trail Race - Saturday July 9, 2022

 It was fun ,  allot of fun love running where I ski locally at Blue Mountain.    I did however find my new Max HR  LOL ... more or less pegged the HR through the entire 3hours 14minutes  35seconds  of the race.  


























 It was a fun race ,  walked all the steep uphill's even then the HR was mostly in the low 150's.  New MAX HR for 2022 is a very believable 166 BPM.   Normally I don't run so close to the MAX but being a short race I didn't have to worry about fatigue it would be over before my body reacted.   Temps were prefect ... didn't melt,  nice breeze here and there and temps in the high teens low 20's in the shade.   Walked the grind ,  the first of three bottom to top trails , with Robin and had a nice chat.  Took off on the first downhill loving opening it up.   HR after the first downhill 3kis in was already in the 140s.   The climb up waterfall seemed to go on forever ... a chair lift is way easier to get to the top!!!!    More or less was very aggressive on the rest of the race.  I started way back in the field a passed probably 100 or more folks during the race ... it was fun.   After the race it was a party atmosphere.  I traded in my meal ticket for Beer and got handed another two so it was a very good finish.    

I finished in 161 the place out of 328 participants and was 125 out of 223 men  and was 3rd in the 60-69 age group.  There were only 6 in my AG ,  only 3 finished.   




No comments: