Sunday, July 11, 2021

The past week ... again!

Its been a busy summer especially being off for the past two weeks.    

Sunday July 4th - My recent running partner Dax went back to his family now that they have settled into a new home.  The dog will be back from time to time look forward to future runs with him.   Sunday afternoon I logged 5 laps on the backyard trail good for 4.8 km.  

Monday and Tuesday July 5,6 -  Parked at the SE corner at " Cemetery " and hiked in on the South side of the escarpment spending the night at McKay Harbor then hiked back to the car on the North side then cutting across the forest trail back to the car.    So I covered somewhere around 18 km.  On the weigh out my pack was somewhere around 40 lbs the return was lighter around 30 lbs.  

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Fully vaccinated so I headed to London to spend a few days with my Mother.  Both Wednesday and Friday were reset days but I did squeeze on in in London logging 6.8 km along the Thames Valley Trail Medowlilly to Egerton St.   Trails were fantastic the area has changed a ton since I left in 83!

Saturday July 10 - 5 km on the beach at Sauble.  Went late afternoon and the beach was super busy making the run really fun.    





No comments: