Friday, July 2, 2021

The past week...

25/06/2021  -  Rest day! 
 
26/06/2021 -  5 km on the road at Sauble Beach with Dax.  I was heading out the door to run on the beach but I got those big brown puppy dog eyes staring me down wanting to come along.  There are no dogs on the beach until after labor day so I opted to hit the road with my canine companion.  Headed down Lake Shore to the sign  then looped around to 6th st returning on  Lake Shore.   There was light rain and the occasional thunder as weather was rolling in off the Lake.  

27/06/2021 -  Sunday was a down day ,  felt lazy.   Almost didn't run but managed to fit a 5 km run on the beach before dinner. 

28/06/2021 -  Patrick joined me for a 10 km at 10 am on the beach.  It was foggy and coolish in the mid teens which made the run very pleasant.  

29/06/2021 and 30/06/2021 -  Had my second covid 19 shot after Mondays run with Patrick.  For two days afterwards I had flu like symptoms so running was not going to happen.  

01/07/2021 - Canada Day  - It was a little " get back to running again " 4.8 km on the backyard trail with Dax.   

02/07/2021 - 4.8 km on the backyard trail with Dax.  Got a surprising email yesterday and it looks like my Talley in the Valley 24 hour is a go in 3 weeks ...yes 3 weeks YIKES!   I have been building some volume as of late so I am sort of ready.   I am scheduled to work until midnight the day before and I really have no plans to run for a full 24 hours but I am leaning towards a 50 mile run starting around noon and wrapping up around 3 am.   I really like the 24 hour format,  do what ever you want at your own pace.  Super looking forward to it.  Havent done a long run this week and was going to skip it but  with this race just around the corner its back to Beaver Valley tomorrow for another 22 km loop.  

No comments: