Sunday, August 9, 2026

Endur Stage 1 - 21.1 km - Sunday August 9, 2026 - Rim Park Waterloo

 And so it begins!


Stage 1 is in the books ,  21.1 km in 2:22:01sec 6:44/K pace...I'll take it!  

2024 2:16:41

2023 2:14:14

2022 2:25:51

2019 1:59:50

2018 2:03:12

2017 1:59:05 

In 2017 I was 56,  2026 I am 65...


I wasnt feeling super ready I havent been logging many ks missing a few long runs.     Over the past couple of months I upped my almost daily runs on meal breaks from a 7:30 pace to a 6:30 pace.   The longest I held the 6:30 pace was for 10K a couple of times a few weeks ago.  

When I headed out today my naturally achieved pace was 6:36 ish I would say a moderate effort.   First two laps were solid  grabbing a gel and a cup of water going through the aide station.  HR was mostly in the 130's ,  sustainable for me.  On the third a final lap the HR climbed into the 140's.  Normally no big deal I could push into the 150's in the last K or two however there are anther 6 races to go this week so I pulled it back a bit.  The weather was perfect ,  mid teens to start low  twenties   to end.  There was a bit of sun exposure so I was feeling a bit warm on the last lap.   

So it was a good start a bit of a "I can do this" confidence booster.    The field is small around 30 Ultimate's and I am the oldest...how did that happen!  




































No comments: