Friday, January 29, 2021

The big stomp!

Monday -  After wrapping up my last mid I usually get some kind of run in staying up all day but I did some " spring cleaning " instead.  

Tuesday -  There was another big snow fall last week and I hadn't been out on the trail so it was time to put the big float snowshoes on and stomp down the fresh snow.   Rule of thumb is no more then 3 laps doing the big stomp.   Broke the rule and did 4 laps ...it was a really nice day.   Logged 4.0 km on a beautiful afternoon. 

Wednesday -   Run 1 Put the little float snowshoes  ( aka running snowshoes on ) and hit the trail with Dax ,  a 10 month old Australian Sheppard.   It was -9c so I wasn't sure how he would make out but after 3 laps he got snowballs between his toes so we headed back logging 3.2 km.  Run 2 Headed back out when it was starting to get dark and logged another 6 laps good for 5.6 km.

Thursday -  A bit of a blowout!  It was colder at -11C figured I would do a few laps with the dog but he was only good for 1 lap so a measly 1.6 km was logged.  Thought about going back out after but I was tired after a busy day at work. 

Friday - Lunch Run ... WFH today so it was an 11 am lunch good for 5 laps or 4.8 km on the backyard trail done in Trail Shoes.   Noo float required after stomping down the snow the previous 3 days.  

No comments: