Saturday, January 2, 2021

NY Eve and NY Day - Snowshoe Running

 Both day I logged 4.8 km using my running snowshoes. 

NYE - Wore my large float SS to the trail head carrying my yaktracks and running snowshoes in a backpack.   Tried the first lap in shoes.  I  was breaking though every step so on the second lap I switched it up to my running SS.   I was wearing my Hoka Stension ATR 5's.  They are huge and barely fir in the bindings.  I was able to velcro the toe and mid foot straps just the heal but it was enough to keep them on.  

NYD - No new snow and a fantastic track didnt even wear gators.  I wore my old Addidas shoes and they fit into the running SS properly.  First lap I stopped and pruned a bunch of cedars in the SE corner of the loop.  It was almost impossible to get through this area having to almost crawl.   The run was after dark so I was running in a bubble of  light.  Although I was on an 800m loop that I have done thousands of times it was easy to not know exactly were I was....good fun.  




No comments: