Monday, May 2, 2022

Pick Your Poison - 50K Trail Race - Saturday April 30, 2022

 Did my 10th Pick Your Poisson 50 km Trail Race on Saturday.     Finished the race in 7h53m my slowest time to date but quite pleased by how the race played out.   12.5 km Splits 1:46:38, 1:55:03, 2:07:46, 2:03:42.   The  weather was perfect and the course ran dry.  First two laps were pretty comfortable.   Heading out on the 3rd lap I changed gears running out of glycogen.  Didn't want to push it so I watched my heart rate this lap keeping it in the 130's with the idea that the last lap would be in the 140's.  As it turns out the last lap was mostly in the 130's too just hanging in there using the other gear.   I gelled twice / loop minus the last on ,  took in at least 6 liters of water and a wee bit of heed and some ginger ale.   The highlight was a bag of Doritos heading out on the3rd lap ...YUM.    Felt a bit nauseous on the 4th lap probably just on the edge of drinking too much.   

  I am happy with my first little Ultra of the year.  Next up is Sulphur Springs 50 km at the end of May ...looking forward to it!





Heart Rate 





No comments: