Thursday, August 16, 2018

Endurrun Stage 4 - 10 Mile Hill Run

 Stage 4 is done and now I get a day off before tomorrows 26K Alpine Run.   It was another hot one went out trying to make every K under or as close to 6K as I could get then pick it up in the second half of the race and thats more or less what I did. 

Garmin data ...





















Garmin splits ...



















Fitbit data ...










I probably should have tried to go out a little bit faster but it was so hot I really wanted to keep things in check so I could finish strong.    Keeping the pace under the 6:00 goal keep me running up all the hills.  Looking at my cadence I picked it up on the down hills ... especially the " horror hill" and of course lowered the cadence on the climbs.   Started to pick up the pace at around the 9K mark not sure if I had a chance to get the it done in under 90 minutes.   It wasn't until there was 3Ks or so to go that I really picked it up thinking that maybe I may be able to reach my  " A " goal.


 Finished in 1h30m48s compared to last years 1h29m48s and I was quite OK with that.   Out of the 77 folks running the race I finished in 47th position and 29th out of 45 men. 

No comments: