Friday, August 17, 2018

Endurrun Stage 5 - 25.6 km Alpine Run

Well it was " steamy" ,  pulling into the KW area the radio said it was 21C with a Humidex of 31C  ...I was hoping for rain.   I was hoping for another negative split but it wasn't the day.   It was a little over a 5K loop done 5 times there were 3 rather big climbs and a bunch of little ones and of course there were 3 rather large downhills the first one being a real leg burner!   Being so hot I was on the water right away and only a few Ks in taking an S Cap ,  gelled  after the start finish each loop walking up one of the big ones .... 4 gels and 4 S Caps and a little over 2 liters of water in the 3.5 hours I was out there.   Figured I had enough in me heading to the last 5K so I ditched the waist belt traveling a wee bit lighter.   Towards the end of the last loop I was already starting to feel the affect of not consuming again but I was able to keep going just not quite as fast as I was anticipating. 

Garmin Data ...

To be added later ,  Garmin is having trouble with their site at this time.


Fitbit Data ...






I finished in 3h27m30 sec in 51st place out of 71 folks that started and I was 36th out of  45 men.   This years finish was was slower then last years 3h11m50s that is the biggest gap in results so far.    Registered for the 2019 Endurrun so I have some getting even to do! 

Tomorrow its the 10K time trial ...fish out of water time probably my least favorite event of the week!


No comments: