Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Talley in the Valley Ultra - Saturday July 30, 2022

 I was registered for the 24 hour event but had no intention of going much past midnight with Endur looming a week later.   I did however log my longest run since before covid logging 70 km in a little over 13 hours.   Didn't use any gels relying on the Aid Station + Beer/Pizza/Yogurt/Chipnuts that I brought from home.   I set up my chair at the start finish and it made for allot of fun talking ot everyone and being in the middle of the race excitement.  First 5 , 7 km  laps / 35 km went really well all under and hour each lap.    I had been getting water at the AS but decided to use the tap 2 km into the race for teh rmainder of the day ... it was cold and tasted good.  Laps 6 through 10 were complete with sticking my head under the tap to cool down.   Did I mention it was hot.   Took a good break before starting laps 6,7 and 9 cooling down and eating.... about 20 minutes each time.   Getting to towards the eve and laps 8 and 9  I was moving well again after cooling down and getting some food in.   The last lap was done as it was getting dark and required a head light for lap.   I was thinking another 2 laps after 10 but I figured if I calll it a day after 70 km I could be home, showered, fed and in bed by 1:00 am.   It was cool going 20 km past the 50 km mark.  Its been years since I did that and i was successful continuing on.   Perhaps the next 24 hour event will not be close to another big race and I can go longer...love the format! 



No comments: