Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Endur Stage 3 - 30 km Cross Country Run - Shades Mills, Caimbridge

 Stage 3 today, a 30 km trail run.  I was aiming for a 7:30 pace but ended up at 7:10 … didn't do the math very well!

     

Ronald Irwin3:34:58M2361Ultimate7:10

5 km splits tell the story ...

35:1335:5135:5936:4536:0835:02
Last lap was the fastest a tiny fade in laps 4 and 5 but overall pretty consistent.  Heart rate was way way better high 120's first few laps then pushing into the low 140's from time to time in the last few laps.   Legs were stiff at times probably a lactic acid buildup not enough  to slow me down or cause discomfort it was just a little different but that's probably a result of not doing speed work.  The weather was really good, overcast , 20C ish +/- and a bit of a breeze.  I wore my go to camp vest again today but opted for a shirt under due to chaffing concerns.  Had a fun finish with Chris Ladubec ,   he caught up with me with less then a 1/2 K to go.  I asked him if he wanted to sprint to the finish and suggested we cross the finish at the same time ... we tied LOL.   It was a fun finish!     

Screwed up my Garmin data forgetting to turn it off at the end.  I grabbed the HR info from the Fitbit ...





No comments: