Sunday, August 7, 2022

Endur Stage 1 - 1/2 Marathon - RIM park Waterloo

 Its back , the Endur Ultimate 7 races in 8 days starts with a half and ends with a  full.









There was a new course this year the RD wasnt able to obtain  permits to run on the road so we ended up on a 7km paved trail that we looped 3 times.  It was a nice course not much elevation the story of the day was the heat and my heart rate.    It was 23C at race start that ended up pushing 30C very fast + humidity.    A realistic goal time was somewhere around 2h15m however the heat and pace pushed the heart rate up into no mans land so I had o real it in or pay the price. 




So I ended up being about 10 minutes over my goal time which still gave me 20 minutes until the cutoff and made my average pace a little under 7:00 minutes...overall an OK day!   










There was no big feast of food afterwards so aside from a 30 min sit down at the finish + 2 Molson Excel Beers ( They were very good ).  There was a group getting together at Lloyds but I opted to head home instead grabbing a Big Mac meal enroute.    Tomorrow its a 15 km time trial I am expecting between a 6:00 and 6:30 pace ... maybe! 


No comments: