Monday, July 27, 2020

The Weekend

 Hooked up with Grant and Lisa on Saturday and did a 21.1 km / 3.5 hour loop through Beaver Valley.  I was only planning on  2 to 3 hours and only had 500 ml of water.  Grant talked me into going a wee bit longer then expected offering me water so I went for it.   As it turns out we bumped into Steve F  half way and he dropped his phone and Grant found it.   They were out in front of us so Grant took off chasing them down and I didn't see him until the last K or so.   Around 3h15m I was have a ton of tightness across my shoulders and had to stop ,  sit and borrow some water from Lisa.  I was OK after a small break ...was actually really surprised how quickly a little bit of fluids worked.    After the run I had some numbness in my finger tips a sign of low potassium.     Super enjoyed the run,  was a wee bit embarrassed that I ran into trouble but I really didn't prepare to go that long. 

One thing for sure I really liked the loop ..perfect distance and time for a trail LSD. 



No comments: