Saturday, September 30, 2017

September 2017 Totals

September -   194.8 km
YTD         - 2,294.0 km


Wow ,  can't believe the late season races have already began!   Did one race this month " Run the Edge" ,  Tobermory to Cyprus Lake and back.   It was a fantastic race albeit super hot but I managed things well and was able to comfortably run the entire race in spite of a wee bit of dehydration in the last couple of hours.    Once again my " Mileage" is a little light punctuated with a large number of reset days...basically I am missing a couple of long ones!   It plays with the mind a bit but after 15 years of running , 10 of them running Ultras I have a pretty good idea what I am doing.  If there is one thing that I have learned this Summer its " Less is More".  I feel dam good,  really good and race ready last weekend reinforced it.   Yes I am " Run Ready" ... what I have been doing are all quality miles.  I can't say enough about my lunch runs especially when the emphasis has been on making the time count and " Heart Runs" fit the bill!  So in another week its the Sticks and Stones 50Ker ... an easy non technical 5K loop.  I am expecting it to be fast and fun and should finish closer to the 5 hour make then 6....bring it on!

September Summary

Beach 5 X = 50 km
Trail 3 X = 51.8 km
Treadmill 14 X = 93 km
Rest Days X 10

No comments: