Friday, July 6, 2018

Taking it to the street

Getting ready for Endur in August so its time to hot the pavement...kinda weird for me! 

Logged 23.4Ks heading down the 2nd to Durham then looping the Conservation area.   Great weather ,  clear temps in teh mid to upper teens and a super nice NW Wind...picked a good day! 

Things I noticed running road ....

  • You can look around ....not many tripping hazards. 
  • Waved at every car/truck...I was busy! 
  • Some folks don't slow down or give you much room.   There are no shoulders in most places the township hasn't cut the ditches yet! 
  • Got chased by the same dog twice ...there was a potential for a problem but I avoided it!  
I wanted to travel light ... wore my " 10K Belt" just enough room for the phone.  Needed water so I packed a lunch bag and a straw.   The Conservation area has water at the 9K mark which is perfect on the way out and way back.  Filled the bag with water the straw made it slick to drink out of .....worked very well.  

Want to get this run to a 5:30 pace but I had no particular goal today... made two pit stops at the park the first was bathroom/ water the second was just water.    

Fitbit Data 










































No comments: