Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Long Weekend Running

35.2 km running from Blantyre to the top of Talisman on Saturday with Grant and Lisa.



It was fantastic to do a point to point on the Bruce Trail its been awhile since I have done that!  Started off with 2 L of water figured I was good for 5 hours or so.   It was hot and humid so I sweated more then anticipated and ran out of fluids with before 5 hours was up.   Grant had an extra 0.5 L so I was almost good to the end.  With less then a half K to go there was a big climb and with the blood thickening again I had to take a 5 minute break or I was going to have a problem staying conscious.   I was good for electrolytes and OK for fuel just not enough to drink.  In retrospect we should have done a car drop at Epping ...next time!   


No comments: