Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Pure Grit - Saturday June 25, 2022

 8 Litres of Water, 14 S Caps, 7 Gels and 8 hours 5 minutes ,  50 some odd Ks done!   Went out super slow and just tried to maintain.    The course was shorter then the advertised 52.5 km... loops were somewhere between 6 and 7 km in length probably closer to 6!   Finishing up the 5th of 7 laps I was done,  way too hot so I sat down for 10 minutes cooling down.   The final two laps seemed daunting before I stopped but after cooling down a bit I was OK to go on.   On the last two laps I held my left collapsible water bottle and put a bottle of Ice in its place.    It seemed to help having the cold spot over my heart.    So I finished and thats about all I can say.  Came pretty closes to DNFing my first 50K but i am glad I hung in there and got it done!  

No comments: