Monday, January 21, 2019

Mont Tremblant Snowshoe

 11.7 km Snowshoe done up and down Mont Tremblant, Quebec on Saturday.   I started at the end of the "Ski Out" and headed for the summit.  Last year I tried but had to turn back due to rain turning to a blizzard ... very wet and afraid of getting too cold!     This year it was -22C ,  no wind and cloud ideal conditions.  I was a very hot reaching the summit so I changed into a dry base layer.  Heading down was comfortable,  a wee bit chilled starting out otherwise OK.    I was 1hr11min up and 44min going down.  Going up was a power hike averaging a 14:09 pace ,  going down was a run albeit rather slow 8:05 pace.  If the weather was warmer I would have liked to explore the mountain more...perhaps next year.














Going up....

Relive 'Morning Jan 19th'


Going down...

Relive 'Afternoon Jan 19th'


Cool down walk back to the condo...

Relive 'Afternoon Jan 19th'



No comments: