Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Last run of the decade!

 Seems fitting that the last run of the year and decade was on the treadmill at work.   The gym has been a god send I view every work day as a fitness opportunity.   I have logged thousands and thousands and thousands of Ks at work.   So its one more 5 km run logged on my meal break this New Years Eve.  Lots of reflection looking back 10 years facing 2010.    I was blogging it all back then just like I do now.  In 2010's goals were to qualify for Boston so I could run it to mark my 50th Birthday in 2011 and build up my base to do my first 100 miler.   I made it to Boston in April 2011 and then in May 2011 I logged my first 100 miler!   Since then I always thought that turning 60 in 2021 I would run Boston again.   I dont really feel that way any longer ,  perhaps I may do it again perhaps I will not.  My #1 goal in the next decade is preservation and to keep on doing what I have been doing...I think I am well on  my way to doing just that!

No comments: