Sunday, April 19, 2020

Looping Thursday

 Logged 28 km on the backyard trail Thursday.  Did it in a little unconventional way doing 5 separate runs with a minimum of 30 minutes in between to be awarded a point in the April Challenge. 

























Basically its 5 of the same 5.6 km runs ...Garmin GPS data is a little off.  Its 400 metres to the trail head then a 800 metre loop done 5 times good for 5.6 km each outing. 

It was a really miserable weather day ,  high winds with snow off and on and the temp a few degrees to just below freezing.   I generally prefer not to run in these conditions so it was a good character builder.    So the 5 runs made for 20 complete clothing changes.  Each loop dropping my normal close ,  getting into my running gear then reversing it on return.  The return to the house was a quick strip done as soon as I entered the house.  Hung all the gear next to the wood stove to be baked dry. 

This turned out to be a very effective day.  Felt like I always do after any long run and was really tired 2 days out like after an Ultra!   I will definetly be doing this again its also a good leed up to the day I run a full 50 km back there sometime in May. 

No comments: