Friday, August 14, 2026

Endur Stage 5 - 25.6K Alpine - Baden

 Stage 5 at Baden didn't disappoint,  1,000m vertical more or less 20 hill repeats.   Its a 2.6K loop done 10 times.  I thought I had a good hydration plan until things got allot harder doing the 8th lap.  I was 3 hours into the run and had only consumed 1.5L of water ,   I was 0.6L behind.  It was getting warm as the race progressed heading out on the 9th loop I upped the water intake and took an extra S cap.  Consumed a GU and an S Cap at the start of laps 3,5,7 and 9.   The 10th lap was a tiny bit better crossing the finish line in 3:54:49  a couple of minutes faster then my 2024 finish.    So an OK day,  felt harder then it should have been then again nothing has been easy...that why I do it. 

17.8 at the start ,  27 at the end...should have run faster and finished sooner! 







































No comments: