Monday, February 3, 2020

Dion Chase the Goose Snowshoe Race - Sunday February 2nd , 2020

 Did my second ever Snowshoe race Sunday ,  bettered last years time by 21 seconds in spite of the fact hat the course was a half K or so longer then last year.

























Winter has not been very kind to us this year.   The moderate weather makes things a whole lot easier but for those who love winter activities its been hit and miss.   This years Snowshoe race was up in the air right up until the weekend ...not enough snow.   Mother nature came through with a nice little dump of Snow overnight Saturday making the event possible.   Temps were very comfortable just below freezing.   I wore mid weight tights,  a thermal shirt and a shell and was once again way way way too warm.   Its a good thing it was a short race!   The cleets on my snowshoes are for deep snow so it was a little rough in the icy spots.  I often found myself running off the beaten path seeking a smooth ride.   Finished 34 out of 65 participants ,  13 out of 18 mean 50 +.  Loved the event ,  wil be back again next year as long as I can fit it into my schedule.

A few more pictures...






No comments: