Sunday, September 25, 2022

Tobermory Marathon - Run the Edge - Saturday September 25, 2022

 Ran the Tobermory Marathon for the third time yesterday.   The only time IO was looking for was a good one.  Patrick and I ran together the Ks just skipped away.   I finished in 7h18m  7 minutes slower then the 2018 effort but a whole lot slower then my 2017 6h10m finish.   The weather was great ,   high single digits to start ,  overcast with light breezes throughout the day and temps rising to the low double digits in the afternoon.  





















 The average Heart Rate was lower then 117,  the 150s on the chart are a result of measurement errors by the optical HR sensor.   Also of note is the drop in temperature as measured on the bottom of the Garmin.  It actually got a little cooler in the last hour of the run.   










It was a pretty small Marathon with probably no more then 30 participating.  I was surprised when I received the 45 and up Masters 2nd place.   I am pretty sure I was the oldest person running! 




1 comment:

Gary Johnson said...

Tobermory Marathon, a podium, second place! Was that your first podium? haha :)