Monday, September 17, 2007

Nice day to run

Did my 21.5 K loop yesterday , 02:00:01 ! Tried like the devil to break 02:00 but hey I was very close. Temps were great , 14C and the sun was out with a steady Southerly Wind.

First 10K was a breeze . I usually feel the fatigue start to set in around the 4-5 K mark but it didn't happen until much later in the run. I suspect that there were two things that contributed. First and foremost I believe that the cooler temps were a huge influence. Also I only did two 10Ks last week Tues/Wed
( I didn't blog Wed run but it was almost identical to Tues at 49:49 ). So I was well rested , weather was great and I was keen. Turned it up a notch in the last 3 or 4 K . After a bit of a coll down I grabbed a big glass of milk and headed to the hot tub for a 40 minute soak!

The 21.5K course is a mix of back roads and tractor trails. The "roads" are mostly wooded with a few open areas where there is pasture land. I ran between 14:00 and 16:00 on a Sunday afternoon and only encountered 7 vehicles. The air here is very clean, I often wonder how tough it would be to do this sort of thing in an Urban Environment.

Thinking of doing a 21K trail race this weekend but I am not sure if I can put it together. More then likely the next race I enter will be a month from now . In the meantime I will try to get as much outdoor running in as possible before winter comes.... here's hoping for a long dry moderate temperature Fall !

Ron.

No comments: