Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Testing my resolve

It finally really snowed overnight.   Originally I had wanted to go Skiing today but a couple of odd jobs around the house as well as  taking care of the Snow meant staying home.   Made sure to make and hour and a bit for running.   This was the first time running my loop in deep snow.   In the open areas it was Knee deep ,   in the Cedars it was Ankle deep and in a few spots where it was drifting it was Hip deep.   It took way way way more effort.  It was like having elastics attached to my calves pushing my legs through the snow.   I was through 3 loops before I could see my shoes.....
















Not sure if Gators would help but the snow accumulated under the tongue , melted and was rolling around as my ankle flexed.    After running for a bit the action created a snow ball on the front of both ankles...
















The feet were wet ,  not cold just wet.    Temps were the same as yesterday and I was dressed the same but I was allot hotter due to the extra effort.    I barely noticed the cold  as there was beads of sweat running down my forehead.   A little overdressed perhaps!    

Today's selfie ...





















Logged a total of 8.7K in 1hr22min...slow going but very fun and satisfying.   Made sure I had some time to recover in the Hot Tub when I was finished...


















And the Garmin says...

No comments: