Monday, May 14, 2018

Seaton Soaker 50K Trail Race - Saturday May 12, 2018 - Pickering Ont.

  What a difference a couple of weeks makes had a super spring running the Seaton Soaker this past weekend.    Weather ahead of the race was looking rather cool and wet but it turned out to be perfect ...no rain but the ground was damp enough to keep the dust and dirt down but not wet enough to be slippery!   Temps were in the mid single digits to start and in the mid teens to end ... again darn near perfect.  The course was fantastic ,  beautiful trail you hardly knew you were in the middle of an urban area. 

 I had a pretty good race taking care of nutrition ,  hydration and electrolytes just about perfectly!  I did the race provided Endurance Tap ( basically salted Maple Syrup ) and 2 X GU's ... yuck.   The course was a 25K loop done twice.   Finishing up my first loop I went over on my left ankle about as have done as I have done on many years.  There was a pop so I knew it was a good one and it hurt like hell.   I firmly believe that if its not broke keep running on it and that is exactly what I did.  I hobbled for about a K then it was pretty tender for a few more but as time went on I forgot it even happened.   Two days after the race its a bit sore and a little swollen ... no big deal.     Stopped paying attention to my time at the 12.5K turnaround and more or less just enjoyed the last quarter of the run enjoying the Sun,  the Forest and hooking up with some other runners on the course.   Finished feeling good in 6hrs22min53sec good for 49th position out of the 101 folks who ran the race. 

Fitbit data


No comments: