Monday, July 10, 2023

Summit 700 1/2 , Blue Mountain 1/2 - Saturday July 8 2023

  It was another fun day on the hills at Blue running the Summit 700 1/2 Trail Race.     This is another must do annual trail race especially because I spend so much time at Blue through the Winter.    Its also a must do because so many running friends are there.     Grant picked me up at 7  we grabbed a bite in Markdale on the way arrive just before  8:00 am.   Rave start was 9:00 ,  a slightly different route this year starting up Waterfall Trail.   Right off the start there was a bottleneck heading onto the single track.  This caught allot by surprise I thought it was par for the course.     Headed out with Robin and Patrick until the half way point then we lost Robin.   It was super cool at first with nice breezes but that didn't last long running into all kinds of heat pockets + large climbs all added up.  I didn't pay attention to hydration and it caught up with me.    Had to pause for a moment around 18K doing a steep climb otherwise it didn't come into play too much other then just making me work a wee bit harder then I should have with thickening blood.  Last 2K were all downhill the fastest 2 of the day.      

 Finished 209th out of 308 participants and 5th in my AG 60-69.   Heading out I was dead last spot starting the first climb.  Overall we passed 99 folks over the duration of the run.   It was a really big field for a trail race making it super fun!     










































No comments: