Thursday, October 6, 2011

Running in Cuba



In Cuba this week for a little break from the ordinary. It’s very hot and humid but that’s the main reason why I am here. The Tropical Weather does make for some challenging Runs. Pace is way slower on the Beach more akin to a trail race. After running the Toad on Saturday I rested Sunday and Monday logging a 10K on the Beach on Tuesday. Wednesday I was feeling a bit better and managed to log a very steamy 19.2K on the Beach. My Gutr Sweat Band wasn’t nearly as affective as at home, I quiet overwhelmed it. I was running with only one bottle of GU2O and was rationing it as the run progressed. If this trip was in the Spring I don’t think I could have managed the heat however after a long hot summer I am kind of use to this stuff…sort of!




No comments: