Saturday, July 27, 2013

Finally

 Finally  managed to get in a somewhat longer decent run this morning.  Stuck to the back roads of West Grey so it was more or less cruise control.  Garmin said "low battery" when I fired it up so I took a route that I have run many times before logging 21.5K in a little over 2.5 hours.    Nothing hurt today ,  all the bits were working well together.   I was expecting rain so I headed out with my "Ron Hill Rain Jacket" and Shorts as well as I took the Ultra Spire pack along for the ride.   I wasn't 3K in when I realized I was melting ...stopped and tied the jacket around my waste ...  it never did rain!   Also realized why I haven't been wearing my hydration pack through the heat ...holy hot having the back covered.   Deer flies were still bad here and there.  Caught one trying to bite through my Buff. 48 Hour Dirty Girls  in 2 weeks so maybe one more longish run tomorrow then a bunch of shorter ones over the next 10 days or so.

No comments: