Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Next Mary

Have been discussing the topic of the Fade on Run Mania http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38260 . It’s been a couple of days since I blogged Mississauga. Looking back I believe I made two mistakes that cost my 3hr30min goal.

1) Going out at a 4:44 pace for the first ½ was dumb. Should have stuck to a 5:00 pace looking for a slightly negative split.
2) Not enough calories.

Based on the discussion and my own reflection I have already formulated a race plan for Scotia in the Fall

5:00 pace … sticking to it
Gel every 20 minutes …GU Roctane
Water as required
Eload at 20K and 30K or as required
Get to 38K in one piece then use up what ever fuel is left in the tank.

Seems simple enough , might have to pick up another Mary before Scotia!

1 comment:

Anne said...

It is all about food isn't it?
At least you have a plan...